Whether we are on church staff, serve as a volunteer or exert influence over one person, we all need to be aware of these topics. Watch or listen to BOW’s conversations with people experienced in handling these issues. The resources on our podcast are linked in the descriptions of the videos on this page.
- Women and the Gender of God Author Dr. Amy Peeler discusses how understanding Mary and the incarnation is good news for women.
- 40 Questions About Women in Ministry Dr. Sue Edwards and Kelley Mathews, authors of the book 40 Questions About Women in Ministry, discuss some of the major issues.
- Sexual Identity & Gender Identity Dr. Sandra Glahn and Dr. Gary Barnes discuss this topic and the church’s response.
- Gender and Scripture Dr. Sandra Glahn discusses the definition of gender and how it relates to God’s Word.
- Re-Imagining Discipleship Series Many conversations today within Christianity echo the surrounding culture more than Jesus’ words and present symptoms of a problem–lack of biblical discipleship. We’ve asked several women leaders to share solutions out of their own experience, education and calling on both video and podcast.
- Post-Roe: Supporting Mothers and Babies with Sharifa Stevens & Kay Daigle. How can we as the church support mothers who would have considered abortion previously?
- Sexual Abuse and the Church Mary DeMuth talks with Kelley Mathews about how we as the church should respond when a victim shares about sexual abuse.
- Justice in the Bible with Nika Spaulding and Kay Daigle overviews what the Bible says about this all important topic.
- Biblical Manhood and Womanhood with Dr. Sandra Glahn takes a closer look at what the Bible actually says about this topic in contrast to what is merely cultural.
- On the issue of racial division we have two series: Leading Toward Racial Reconciliation for leaders and Beginning the Road to Racial Reconciliation for all of us.
- Elizabeth Woodson provides the church guidance for ministering well to singles in The Forgotten Ones: Singles and the Church.
- Women in Public Ministry: Revisiting the Issue series with Dr. Sandra Glahn.
- It’s Time for a RelationSHIFT Dr. Jackie Roese discusses a better way for Christian women & men to work together.
- Biblical Archaeology Angela Everett helps all believers understand how archaeological discoveries support the historicity of the Bible and increase our faith as she talks about a few of the major artifacts.
Gender and Scripture
Claudia McGuire interviews Dr. Sandra Glahn of DTS about gender, including common misconceptions and application in the scriptures. Listen to or download the podcast.
–with Dr. Sandra Glahn and Claudia McGuire.
Download BOW’s Helpful Resource List
The state of the American church suggests that our discipleship models need reworking. The five videos of this series can be accessed below, or listen to the podcast episodes of Nika Spaulding’s A Theological Perspective, Debbie Swindoll’s A Spiritual Formation Perspective, Elizabeth Woodson’s A Church Leader Perspective, Susan Binion’s A Missions Perspective and Kay Daigle’s A Kingdom Perspective.
–with Nika Spaulding, Debbie Swindoll, Elizabeth Woodson, Susan Binion & Kay Daigle.
Download either Resources on Re-Imagining Discipleship or Kingdom Prayers
Post-Roe: Supporting Mothers & Babies
Sharifa Stevens, member of the BOW Ministry Team, and Kay Daigle discuss practical ways to live out a pro-life ethic now that Roe has been overturned. Listen to or download the podcast.
–with Sharia Stevens
Justice in the Bible
Nika Spaulding, Resident Theologian at St. Jude Oak Cliff in Dallas, joins Kay Daigle for this series on biblical justice. All three episodes are available on our podcast: 1 – Defining Justice, 2- Justice in the Old Testament” and 3- Justice in the New Testament.
Leading Toward Racial Reconciliation
Grow in understanding of the reasons for the racial divide and help with what to do about it. Watch the videos below, or download/listen to the podcast episodes “What is White Privilege“, “It’s a Gospel Issue” or “Reconciliation 101“.
–with Sharifa Stevens and Kelley Mathews
Resources on Racial Issues
The Forgotten Ones: Singles and the Church Series
Elizabeth Woodson shares insights from her leadership experience with singles about what ministry to this demographic is, what it should be, and how to get there.
– with Elizabeth Woodson
It’s Time for a RelationSHIFT
In light of #metoo and #churchtoo, how do men and women work together? Dr. Jackie Roese discusses the issues in this short 3-part series.
–with Dr. Jackie Roese
Women and the Gender of God
Dr. Amy Peeler, author of Women and the Gender of God, joins BOW Ministry Team member Sharifa Stevens in a conversation you won’t want to miss about God and gender. Listen to or download the podcast.
–with Dr. Amy Peeler and Sharifa Stevens.
40 Questions About Women in Ministry
Dr. Sue Edwards and Kelley Mathews, authors of the book 40 Questions About Women in Ministry, discuss a few of the issues and why there is disagreement with Kelly Arabie, BOW Ministry Team member. Their book aims to explain the biblical understanding behind both perspectives. Listen to the podcast.
–with Dr. Sue Edwards and Kelley Mathews.
Sexual Identity & Gender Identity
Dr. Sandra Glahn and Dr. Gary Barnes discuss sexual identity and gender identity, explaining how identity is formed and providing insight into how the church and individuals can wisely respond biblically. You can also access it on our podcast.
–with Dr. Sandra Glahn and Dr. Gary Barnes.
Download Resource for Sexual Identity & Gender Identity or BOW’s Helpful Resource List
Sexual Abuse and the Church
Mary DeMuth, author of We Too: How the Church Can Respond Redemptively to the Sexual Abuse Crisis and The Most Misunderstood Women of the Bible: What Their Stories Teach Us About Thriving, joins BOW Ministry Team member Kelley Mathews to discuss how we as the church should respond when a victim shares about sexual abuse. You can also access it on our podcast.
–with Mary DeMuth and Kelley Mathews
Biblical Manhood & Womanhood
What’s biblical and what’s cultural? How do we live faithfully embodied as male and female? Dr. Sandra Glahn is interviewed by Sharifa Stevens. Listen to or download the podcast.
–with Dr. Sandra Glahn and Sharifa Stevens
Beginning the Road to Racial Reconciliation
All believers can take healing steps toward our brothers and sisters. Watch the videos below, or download/listen to 1- Where to Begin, 2- Evaluating and Listening, 3- Do’s and Don’ts and 4- Empathy not Sympathy.
–with Sharifa Stevens and Susan Seay
Resources on Racial Issues
Women in Public Ministry: Revisiting the Issue Series
Current scholarship requires reconsidering the biblical stories of women, according to Dr. Sandra Glahn of DTS. Watch the videos below, or if you prefer, access the podcast episodes: the 1st, the 2nd, or the 3rd.
–with Dr. Sandra Glahn
Hear how biblical archaeology gives us confidence in the historicity of the Bible and increases our faith as Angela Everett shows a few of the major discoveries. Part 1-Why Is It Important?, Part 2-Old Testament Discoveries and Part 3-New Testament Discoveries are available on BOW’s podcast.
– with Angela Everett and Kay Daigle