BOW’s short, free conversational videos/podcast episodes are designed to help you live out your faith. You can find all these videos below and the podcast episodes are linked on the descriptions with the videos.
- Elizabeth Woodson’s Embrace Your Life provides biblical help for those of us whose lives aren’t what we expected them to be.
- In Diversity of a Different Kind, Oletha Barnett discusses the attitude that helps resolve conflict.
- The Bible is full of lament. Nika Spaulding‘s two-part series helps us understand and practice lament.
- How do you find the right mentor? Dr. Joye Baker‘s three-part series Finding a Mentor will guide you.
- In the midst of a culture that is divided on just about everything, Arnita Taylor‘s three-episode series “A Language of Healing for a Polarized Nation” is a practical guide to help us talk to each other in ways that heal, not divide.
- Nika Spaulding discusses biblical justice with Kay Daigle in a three-part series. If you have never understood the importance of justice and its relevance to the gospel, find answers in this series.
- Why pray? What prevents us from praying? What is its impact? Watch the new series on prayer with Crickett Keeth, author of On Bended Knee.
- Become part of the solution to the racial divide in the U.S. by watching our two helpful video series, Leading Toward Racial Reconciliation and Beginning the Road to Racial Reconciliation. This is a crucial time for the church to lead out.
- Learn how to move conversations toward spiritual topics and share your faith story in a non-threatening way through Donna Skell‘s series Sharing Your Faith Story.
- You’ve heard about biblical manhood and womanhood. How biblical is it? Dr. Sandra Glahn of DTS talks with BOW Team member Sharifa Stevens about it.
- On that subject, Jackie Roese‘s series deals with underlying issues of relating as men and women with the risk of inappropriate sexual relationships: It’s Time for a RelationSHIFT.
- Are you willing to serve God? Watch You Are on God’s Team with Claudia McGuire.
- Fight Right? Is that an option? Watch the 3-part series with Oletha Barnett who shares her expertise and wisdom from leading reconciliation ministries.
Justice in the Bible
Nika Spaulding, Resident Theologian at St. Jude Oak Cliff in Dallas, joins Kay Daigle for this series on biblical justice. All three episodes are available on our podcast: 1 – Defining Justice, 2- Justice in the Old Testament” and 3- Justice in the New Testament.
Beginning the Road to Racial Reconciliation
All believers can take healing steps toward our brothers and sisters. Watch the videos below, or download/listen to 1- Where to Begin, 2- Evaluating and Listening, 3- Do’s and Don’ts and 4- Empathy not Sympathy.
You Are on God’s Team
It’s often difficult to serve God when we don’t feel ready or adequate. This series digs into the Scripture to see how God used three women in new and surprising ways–ways in which God is ready to use you, too. The podcasts of God Uses Your Story, God Uses Your Availability, and God Uses Your Gifts have been posted if you prefer that format.
Understand the nature of conflict, God’s way through it, and how allowing for the differences of others helps avoid it. You can connect to the podcast episodes at 1-The Nature of Conflict, 2-Biblical Resolution and 3-Accepting Others’ Differences.
–with Oletha Barnett
Fight Right Resource
Series focused on Leaders: Empowering Leaders to Strive & Thrive through Conflict
Diversity of a Different Kind
Oletha Barnett, author of Diversity of a Different Kind, joins BOW Ministry Team member Kelley Mathews to discuss conflict resolution through the lens of diversity–all kinds of diversity. Listen to or download the podcast.
Finding a Mentor
Would you like to find a mentor but aren’t comfortable being paired by a church program? Dr. Joye Baker of DTS provides help in this series of three videos/podcast episodes. All three episodes are available on our podcast: 1 – Identify Your Goals, 2 – Seek the Right Fit and 3 – Decide How to Proceed.
–with Joye Baker
A Language of Healing
Arnita Taylor and Kay Daigle discuss Arnita’s book A Language of Healing for a Polarized Nation in a series of 3 videos. Podcast episodes of 1- An Opportune Moment , 2- Five Practices of a Peacemaker and 3- Operating in Shared Spaces have been posted if you prefer that format.
–with Arnita Taylor
Embrace the Impact of Prayer
Crickett Keeth, author of On Bended Knee, joins BOW Team member Sharifa Stevens in this three-part video series on prayer. Podcast episodes of 1- Understand the Purpose of Prayer, 2- Remove the Hindrances to Prayer and 3- Embrace the Power of Prayer have been posted if you prefer that format.
Sharing Your Faith Story
All believers should be ready and able to share their faith stories in a non-threatening way. Through this three-part series you will learn how to prepare your own story. Podcast episodes of all the videos are now available: Part 1 answers Why?, and Part 2 discusses When and with Whom. Part 3 provides help on What to Include.
It’s Time for a RelationSHIFT
In light of #metoo and #churchtoo, how do men and women work together? Dr. Jackie Roese discusses the issues in this short 3-part series.
–with Dr. Jackie Roese
Leading Toward Racial Reconciliation
Grow in understanding of the reasons for the racial divide and help with what to do about it. Watch the videos below, or download/listen to the podcast episodes “What is White Privilege“, “It’s a Gospel Issue” or “Reconciliation 101“.