BOW’s short, free conversational videos are purposed to provide understanding of the role of a teacher and growth in teaching skills.
- Do you want to grow as a Bible teacher? This series is essential: Step by Step Teaching Process. Our new series In-Depth Message Preparation is a great follow up to that series. Other helpful choices: The Prep Before the Podium, Navigating Speaking Engagements, Choosing Powerful Illustrations & Applications, Know Your Audience!, Check below for those available on podcast.
- Are you teaching the Bible? These free videos will help you navigate that role well: Multiplying Strengths: A Case for Team Teaching, Teaching Groups–Interactive or Lecture?, Protecting your Kids’ Privacy as a Bible Teacher and Let’s Check our Mindsets, Teachers.
- Are you exploring the possibility that God is asking you to teach his Word? Gain wisdom from this video: Should I Be a Bible Teacher?
- Are you leading a women’s ministry and wonder whether to use a video or live teacher? We think through the issues in Why Use Live Teachers, not Video.
- Do you wonder why it’s important to study an issue for yourself? Check out Natalie Eastman‘s video for answers.
Additional Teaching Resources:
- Download our list of resources for leaders.
Step by Step Teaching Process Series
Gain practical skills for becoming a great Bible teacher. This free series includes guidelines for preparation, an example, and the debrief of the example. What a great resource for those trying to figure it out for themselves! Part 1 – Preparing a Message, Part 2 – Devotional Example and Part 3 – Devotional Debrief are now available to listen or download on BOW’s podcast, and don’t miss the resource download below under the video.
In-Depth Message Preparation
Kristen Pool discusses the 3 steps in preparing a message with Kay Daigle. Part 1 – Exegesis and Part 2 – Theology are now available to listen or download on BOW’s podcast. The video of Part 3- Homiletics is on video and will soon be on podcast. Don’t miss the resource download under the video link.
Multiplying Strengths: A Case for Team Teaching
Why have a team of teachers rather than doing it alone? Nika Spaulding, resident theologian of St. Jude Oak Cliff in Dallas, TX, shares why she believes in it and some pointers to make it work well. Watch the video below or listen to the podcast episode.
Why Study Biblical Issues for Yourself?
If you’ve ever wondered if you should take the time to discover what the Bible teaches on a subject for yourself, check out Natalie’s challenging talk which applies to everyone who influences others.
– with Dr. Natalie Eastman