Whether you are on church staff, serve as a volunteer or exert influence over one person, you need to be aware of these topics. Watch or listen to BOW’s conversations with people experienced in handling these issues. The resources in podcast format are linked in the descriptions of the videos on this page.
- Re-Imagining Discipleship Series Many conversations today within Christianity echo the surrounding culture more than Jesus’ words and present symptoms of a problem–lack of biblical discipleship. We’ve asked several women leaders to share solutions out of their own experience, education and calling on both video and podcast. Find the series on this page and link to the podcasts or the videos of those already posted. The entire series will be online by the end of October.
- Post-Roe: Supporting Mothers and Babies How do we as the church support mothers who would have considered abortion before the Dobbs decision? Sharifa Stevens and Kay Daigle discuss it.
- Sexual Abuse and the Church Mary DeMuth talks with Kelley Mathews about how we as the church should respond when a victim shares about sexual abuse.
- Justice in the Bible with Nika Spaulding and Kay Daigle overviews what the Bible says about this all important topic.
- Biblical Manhood and Womanhood with Dr. Sandra Glahn takes a closer look at what the Bible actually says about this topic in contrast to what is actually cultural instead.
- On the issue of racial division we have two series: Leading Toward Racial Reconciliation for leaders and Beginning the Road to Racial Reconciliation for all of us.
- Elizabeth Woodson provides the church guidance for ministering well to singles in The Forgotten Ones: Singles and the Church.
- Women in Public Ministry: Revisiting the Issue series with Dr. Sandra Glahn.
- It’s Time for a RelationSHIFT Dr. Jackie Roese discusses a better way for Christian women & men to work together.
- Biblical Archaeology Angela Everett helps all believers understand how archaeological discoveries support the historicity of the Bible and increase our faith as she talks about a few of the major artifacts.
Justice in the Bible
Nika Spaulding, Resident Theologian at St. Jude Oak Cliff in Dallas, joins Kay Daigle for this series on biblical justice. All three episodes are available on our podcast: 1 – Defining Justice, 2- Justice in the Old Testament” and 3- Justice in the New Testament.
Leading Toward Racial Reconciliation
Grow in understanding of the reasons for the racial divide and help with what to do about it. Watch the videos below, or download/listen to the podcast episodes “What is White Privilege“, “It’s a Gospel Issue” or “Reconciliation 101“.
The Forgotten Ones: Singles and the Church Series
Elizabeth Woodson shares insights from her leadership experience with singles about what ministry to this demographic is, what it should be, and how to get there.
– with Elizabeth Woodson
It’s Time for a RelationSHIFT
In light of #metoo and #churchtoo, how do men and women work together? Dr. Jackie Roese discusses the issues in this short 3-part series.
–with Dr. Jackie Roese
The state of the American church suggests that our discipleship models need reworking. The first three videos of this series can be accessed below, or listen to the podcast episodes of Nika Spaulding’s A Theological Perspective, Debbie Swindoll’s A Spiritual Formation Perspective and Elizabeth Woodson’s A Church Leader Perspective.
Sexual Abuse and the Church
Mary DeMuth, author of We Too: How the Church Can Respond Redemptively to the Sexual Abuse Crisis and The Most Misunderstood Women of the Bible: What Their Stories Teach Us About Thriving, joins BOW Ministry Team member Kelley Mathews to discuss how we as the church should respond when a victim shares about sexual abuse. You can also access it on our podcast.
Beginning the Road to Racial Reconciliation
All believers can take healing steps toward our brothers and sisters. Watch the videos below, or download/listen to 1- Where to Begin, 2- Evaluating and Listening, 3- Do’s and Don’ts and 4- Empathy not Sympathy.
Hear how biblical archaeology gives us confidence in the historicity of the Bible and increases our faith as Angela Everett shows a few of the major discoveries. Part 1-Why Is It Important?, Part 2-Old Testament Discoveries and Part 3-New Testament Discoveries are available on BOW’s podcast.