How do you feel about change? Some of us thrive on it. Some of us eventually accept it. Some of us fight it! Change happens. Here are some questions to help you embrace change or at least take some steps to live through it more effectively…
- Is your life and ministry open handed and open hearted?
- Are you allowing God to reshape your thinking?
- Have you begun to think that this is your ministry?
- “Venture boldly into the unfamiliar and embrace the uncomfortable”
- Do you need to check your fear factor?
- What are you afraid of?
- What is at risk here?
- Is it real or imagined?
- Matt. 6:31-34; 2 Tim 1:7; 1 John 4:18
- What is your frustration level?
- What are you struggling with? “Change is seen as a disruption of process”
- Name it
- Get to the root of it
- Frustration usually happens as a result of an unmet expectation. Watch your expectations. Things won’t always turn out like you think they should. Psalm 37:5 says, “Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him and He will do it.” Commit your way to His way.
- Have you taken your questions and anger to God first?
- Or are you taking it to everyone else first?
- Ask for right perspective.
- Ask for a clean heart and a right spirit
- Pray, pray, pray
- Anger, burn-out can occur as a result of having no relief, no times of renewal. Are you drinking Living Water? If you neglect your relationship with your Father, you will not have the power you need to stay in ministry nor have the Spiritual energy to do His work effectively.
- Have you gone to the “source” of the change seeking clarity, in love?
- Don’t go armed with your own agenda
- “Every authority is under authority”
- Seek understanding and truth
- Do you want to change?
- Is something blocking your ability to accept the change?
- What are you holding on to?
- Is there something you need to give up or let go of? (expectations)
- Don’t let Satan steal your enthusiasm for service; your desire to serve God. Satan will suck the joy right out of your service if you are close minded and close hearted with church and ministry.
- Know when it is time to go
- Are you no longer growing and challenged but dying?
- Are you no longer positive and trying, but cynical and critical?
- Are you breeding dissension and disunity?
- Allow God to lead you. Not your emotions, but God.
- We all live with a certain amount of uncertainty or stress in our lives. Do we keep it in balance or do we let it decline to the point we’re unmotivated or ready to explode in anger? I do believe that God brings some “holy stress” into our lives to shape us to draw us closer to Him so we lean on Him and not our own desires and abilities. I believe He sovereignly places things in our path to see how we will handle them and how He might be glorified through them.
Change = Opportunities
What opportunities are sitting on your doorstep today?
Change can be intimidating. But God will often use our circumstances to open doors in our life or to close them.
Change = Opportunities
What are you going to do with them?